Dr. Flynt Purvis
Dr. Flynt Purvis is committed to providing the absolute best pediatric dental care possible. It is his goal to build lasting relationships with not only the patients, but also with their families. Dr. Flynt is a board certified pediatric dentist, he attended the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, Ga. He then went on to receive his specialist degree in Pediatric Dentistry from the University of Alabama at Birmingham. During his two-year residency at UAB, Dr. Flynt received extensive training in treating patients with special needs, hospital dentistry, behavioral management, sedations and traumatic injuries. Dr. Flynt holds privileges at Children's Hospital of Alabama. After residency, Dr. Flynt worked for several years in an under served area of northwestern North Carolina. He returned to Alabama in 2011 to open his own practice.
Dr. Flynt is a Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry and keeps up with all the latest advancements in pediatric dentistry. He attends several conferences and continuing education classes throughout the year. He is also a member of many prestigious dental organizations including, The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, the American Dental Association and the Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry.
Dr. Flynt is married to his wife Nancy and they have two boys, Reid and Jake. He and his family are members of Vestavia Hills United Methodist Church. In his free time, Dr. Flynt enjoys traveling, being outdoors and spending time with friends and family.
Pediatric Dental Residency
- University of Alabama at Birmingham 2005-2007
- Spark’s Clinic of Birmingham Fellowship of Interdisciplinary Medicine 2007
- Medical College of Georgia- Augusta, Georgia 2005 · Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society Award for Highest National Board Score
- Indian Health Services, Navajo Indian Reservation Winslow, Arizona Externship 2004
- Presbyterian College-Clinton, South Carolina – Bachelors of Science Biology, minor in Chemistry in 2000
- Glasgow University-Glasgow, Scotland – Study Abroad Program 1998